"This device could be a game-changer for many bikes and riders of all types."
"One seat position isn't actually the optimum position most of the time… sometimes on the super steep climbs you've got to get your weight right over the front and at the same time keep some pressure on the saddle so I think this is a really cool idea."
The SwitchGrade is a game-changing new bike component that lets cyclists change their bike's saddle angle and effective seat angle on the fly, without tools! Tilt the back up for more saddle height and a steeper seat angle to crush climbs with greater ease and comfort. Then rotate the saddle out of the way for more clearance and control on descents!
- 3 positions optimized for climbing, descending, and flat/undulating riding
- -10 degree climb position (nose-down saddle)
- 0 degree neutral position (flat saddle)
- +12 degree descend position (nose-up saddle)
- Compatible with most popular two-bolt style seatposts. See full list in the Compatibility Guide
- Low profile design
- Steepens effective seat angle greater than 1 degree in climb setting
- Climb setting provides approx. 20mm additional height and 10mm forward offset
- CNC machined from aerospace grade 7075 T6 and 6061 T6 aluminum
- Includes stainless steel mounting hardware
- Weight: 170 grams
- Made in Canada
- Important: SwitchGrades will only work with 7mm tubular rails. Currently, they cannot accommodate 9mm rails or oval rails.
- OneUp V2 and V1 dropper posts require replacing the stock air valve caps with custom low-profile air valve caps supplied with all Type 1 orders. We have observed some instances where OneUp V2 and V1 posts may require a simple adjustment to reduce air shaft height.
- All Type 1 orders will include custom vinyl cap and rubber spacer.
- All Type 3 orders will also include custom barrel nuts to replace stock nuts.
- Type 1
- Works with R14 postheads like the OneUp V2, Fox Transfer (pre-2021 model), PNW Loam, etc
- Comes with custom hardware kit for OneUp and other air valve droppers.
- Type 2
- Works with R12 postheads like the RockShox Reverb Stealth, X Fusion Manic, SDG Tellis etc.
- Type 3
- Exclusively for Fox Transfer 2021 and RaceFace Turbine R 2021 dropper seatposts
- Comes with custom 10mm barrel mounting nuts
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST SELECT THE TYPE THAT MATCHES YOUR SEATPOST
Is your seatpost compatible? Go to the Compatibility Guide to find out.
I installed my unit on my 2022 Specialized Levo and love the supportive feeling when I'm tackling steep climbs and in the forward seat position. I just bought a second one for my Commencal Meta AM 29.