SwitchGrade - Blackout
"This device could be a game-changer for many bikes and riders of all types."
"One seat position isn't actually the optimum position most of the time… sometimes on the super steep climbs you've got to get your weight right over the front and at the same time keep some pressure on the saddle so I think this is a really cool idea."
The SwitchGrade is a game-changing new bike component that lets cyclists change their bike's saddle angle and effective seat angle on the fly, without tools! Tilt the back up for more saddle height and a steeper seat angle to crush climbs with greater ease and comfort. Then rotate the saddle out of the way for more clearance and control on descents!
- 3 positions optimized for climbing, descending, and flat/undulating riding
- -10 degree climb position (nose-down saddle)
- 0 degree neutral position (flat saddle)
- +12 degree descend position (nose-up saddle)
- Compatible with most popular two-bolt style seatposts. See full list in the Compatibility Guide
- Low profile design
- Steepens effective seat angle greater than 1 degree in climb setting
- Climb setting provides approx. 20mm additional height and 10mm forward offset
- CNC machined from aerospace grade 7075 T6 and 6061 T6 aluminum
- Includes stainless steel mounting hardware
- Weight: 170 grams
- Made in Canada
- Important: SwitchGrades will only work with 7mm tubular rails. Currently, they cannot accommodate 9mm rails or oval rails.
- OneUp V2 and V1 dropper posts require replacing the stock air valve caps with custom low-profile air valve caps supplied with all Type 1 orders. We have observed some instances where OneUp V2 and V1 posts may require a simple adjustment to reduce air shaft height.
- All Type 1 orders will include custom vinyl cap and rubber spacer.
- All Type 3 orders will also include custom barrel nuts to replace stock nuts.
- Type 1
- Works with R14 postheads like the OneUp V2, Fox Transfer (pre-2021 model), PNW Loam, etc
- Comes with custom hardware kit for OneUp and other air valve droppers.
- Type 2
- Works with R12 postheads like the RockShox Reverb Stealth, X Fusion Manic, SDG Tellis etc.
- Type 3
- Exclusively for Fox Transfer 2021 and RaceFace Turbine R 2021 dropper seatposts
- Comes with custom 10mm barrel mounting nuts
- Type 4
- Exclusively for Bike Yoke Revive
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST SELECT THE TYPE THAT MATCHES YOUR SEATPOST
Is your seatpost compatible? Go to the Compatibility Guide to find out.
great functionality, solid,almost invisibel, Iknew I`d love it!
Swicht Grade rules !
I keep my saddle level. It’s best for most riding. However, with aenomaly’s switch grade climbing has become much better. I did an hour continuous climb and was not numb at all. I really didn’t expect the downhill setting to be useful but it’s like you can better move your bike around on descents. I can’t explain it better.
I’ve not ridden mine much yet as I ordered from the UK so it arrived a short time ago. My first impression was that it was totally polished. No, I don’t mean silver…I mean that it’s construction looks and feels like an utterly dialled product from a massive, long established manufacturer. So when you consider this is a debut product from a new brand, it’s extremely impressive. The whole unit just feels premium. Well, it feels like the price point I suppose. You absolutely get what you’re expecting.
In functionality terms, I expect long wheelies will now been far more comfortable.
it tilts too much down and not enough up. for my taste it should tilt up more in the downhill position and a bit less down in the climbing position. i have to set my saddle with too much of an angle in the neutral position. otherwise the up-/down position would be pretty much unusable